What Makes Us Unique:
- The whole of our school community regularly accesses forest school from Parent and Toddler group to Preschool, then throughout the school years to Year 5. We do this because with see the benefit in outdoor learning, risk taking, child led activities and problem solving/teamwork skills. If you asked the children their favourite thing about this school, I bet this would be their answer!
- Our Outdoor space is second to none. The children have freedom to explore this beautiful setting with adventure trails, willow sculptures, a school pond, vegetable patches and sheltered outdoor learning space.
- A fully secured EYFS unit with its own playground and toilet facilities which accepts children from the age of three, taught be our highly qualified teaching team.
- A Broad, exciting curriculum and range of after school clubs and activities. We have a dedicated. talented staff with a wide range of interests from sports to drama and dance- all of whom, love sharing their passions with children. To name just a few of our exciting opportunities: Chess community cafe, Hockey club, ballet and Latin American dance, drama and music, crochet, Yoga club, cooking and many more.
- A community that works closely together. This is a relational school; we pride ourselves on building strong partnerships with parents, our church, other local schools and governors. Our PTA and community raises an enormous amount of money for whole school projects through the best events I have ever experienced in a school- our Summer Fayre, Christmas wreath making and Easter bingo events are the highlights of our year.
- A proud history. The school has recently celebrated 150 years! Oak Apple Day is the main event in the school calendar when the whole of Elmley Castle stops to follow this tradition through the decades.
- A nurturing family. Everyone is kind. Everyone cares. We live and breathe our school values every day.
- Excellence in teaching and learning. We know every child inside out. The high adult-child ratio means that every child reaches their fullest potential and are ready and prepared to take on the next step in their educational journey. Those that need extra help are fully supported. Those that need challenge are pushed. Our children love learning and the academic results follow.
- Local enterprise. We are very lucky to work with the Deli in Pershore who provide delicious, freshly cooked meals every day. A parent designed and provides our new school uniform. A local farming family allows us to use his left over crop every year to market our own school apple juice!