Welcome to the Webpage for Elm Class!
We are a Key Stage Two class made up of wonderful Year Four and Five children.
Our Class Teacher is Mr Jarvie and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Hill.
Some Important Information:
- We have new spellings each term and are taught a spelling rule to practise at home every Monday. We are tested on these words every Friday and our results.
- Reading records are checked throughout the week in the mornings, we ask that a parent or guardian listens to us read and signs our record at least once a week. Mr Jarvie would ideally like you to read at least 3 times a week at home for about 20 mins each time. Our pupils endeavour to become independent readers by the time they reach Year 4.
- Times tables are tested every Thursday and the children's results sheets are taken home each week with a target for improvement.
- Forest school is with Mrs Davies every other Thursday- please come to school in your forest school kit on that day.
- PE is every Wednesday- please come to school in your PE kit on this day.
- Each term we have a learning log focus for the whole term, which incorporate English, Maths and Topic tasks.
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning in class, recommended books for your child's age group and links to the latest spelling lists:
Summer 2022 - Ocean Deep Mountain High
Ocean Deep Mountain High Topic Web
Ocean Deep Mountain High Topic Home Learning
Spellings Year 4 (second half term)
Year 4 Spellings
Spellings Year 5 (second half term)
Year 5 Spellings
Spring 2022 - Movers and Makers
Movers and Makers Topic Web
Movers and Makers Topic Home Learning
Spellings for Spring Term 2022
Year 4 spellings
Year 5 spellings
Autumn 2021 - War and Peace
War and Peace Topic Web
War and Peace Topic Home Learning
The school has also purchased WhiteRose premium resources and Timestables Rockstars To access this resource, please contact the class teacher on the email above.
General Skills Practise below:
Recommended Reading Lists
Guidance on how to support your child's reading
Guidance on how to support your child in learning their times tables
Elm Class went to PGL and participated in several exciting activities across the two days. This included wall climbing, the big swing, sensory trail, archery and zip wire.
In RE we have been creating pictures of places we would like to make a pilgrimage to. These can be either places we have previously visited and want to go back to, places we want to visit and haven't yet had the chance, or made up places which have our most favourite characteristics.
In English we have been creating posters to show-off all the grammar skills we will be using in our writing- here are just a few examples.
In art we designed and created our own stain-glass windows using black strips of sugar paper glued into chosen patterns with coloured tissue paper stuck across the gaps as glass.
We read our harvest festival prayers in church in our harvest service after bringing in produce for those in need.
Elm Class made crosses and painted them red to commemorate all those soldiers who sacrificed their lives and bravely fought in war.
We created acrostic poems centred around the soldiers to help remember those who fought and died in the war.
Elm Class had fun in the snow at playtime!
Elm goes to forest school...
Elm showcase all the hard work they have been doing at home when they brought in the homework completed for the term 'War and Peace'. There was a phenomenal effort in the various pieces they produced and should be very proud of what they achieved!