Welcome to the Webpage for Elm Class!
We are a Key Stage Two class made up of wonderful Year Four and Five children.
Our Class Teacher is Mr Jarvie and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Hill.
Some Important Information:
- We have new spellings each term and are taught a spelling rule to practise at home every Monday. We are tested on these words every Friday and our results.
- Reading records are checked throughout the week in the mornings, we ask that a parent or guardian listens to us read and signs our record at least once a week. Mr Jarvie would ideally like you to read at least 3 times a week at home for about 20 mins each time. Our pupils endeavour to become independent readers by the time they reach Year 4.
- Times tables are tested every Thursday and the children's results sheets are taken home each week with a target for improvement.
- Forest school is with Mrs Davies every other Thursday- please come to school in your forest school kit on that day.
- PE is every Wednesday- please come to school in your PE kit on this day.
- Each term we have a learning log focus for the whole term, which incorporate English, Maths and Topic tasks.
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning in class, recommended books for your child's age group and links to the latest spelling lists:
Autumn 2021 - War and Peace
Spellings for Autumn 1
Recommended Reading Lists
Guidance on how to support your child's reading
Guidance on how to support your child in learning their times tables