A Warm Welcome to the Webpage for Apple Class!
We are a Key Stage One class made up of Year One and Two children.
Our Class Teacher is Mr.Burke. Our Teaching Assistant is Mrs.Shuard.
Some Important Information:
- We have weekly spelling tests which are linked to our phonic sessions each week. Spelling tests are on Monday mornings, with new spellings being handed out on this day too. Please practise these on the handwriting sheets provided- try cursive! Please keep them at home. An example of how we write our letters is also seen below.
- Reading is REALLY important. Please try to read with your child as often as you can. We will check and change books as often as we can. Please see examples of suggested texts you can enjoy with your child in a link below.
- Each term we have a learning log focus, children will have the whole term to complete the task- This will be added soon.
- Please can children come dressed in their PE kit on TUESDAY every week
- Please can children come dressed in their forest school kits every other THURSDAY starting from 3/9/2020
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning and recommended books for your child's age group. Thank you for your support. Enjoy scrolling through our topic webs and blogs!
Autumn Term 2020: The Great Fire of London
Home Learning for Apple Class
Should your child need to self-isolate, please see links to home learning activities below
Can you Solve the mystery?
Weekly spelling and reading activities
Also see www.oxfordowl.co.uk for free e-books linked to the school's colour bands.
Please see our section on reading and phonics for further information
Our Cursive Handwriting- Practise Common Exception Words
Spring Term 2020- Land Ahoy Topic Web and Learning Log
Autumn Term 2019- Farm to Fork Topic Web and Learning Log
Bringing the learning to life!
Summer Term 2- Home Is Where The Heart Is
Summer Term 1- Perfect Pets and Amazing Animals
Spring Term 2019- Once Upon a Time Topic Web
Science Week- Learning more about our body. Today a nurse visited us so we could ask questions about blood and the heart. Miss Yates showed us what blood is made of.
Gingerbread Man Mystery - today we made gingerbread men and wrote instructions on how to decorate them. One of our gingerbread men escaped from the oven!
Letters inviting VIPs to our Grand Royal Ball - will the Queen be impressed by our beautiful handwriting?
Autumn Term September 2018: What to look forward to!
Trip to John Moore Museum-we learnt so much about what life was life during the time of The Great Fire of London. We loved exploring the house in particular.
The Day the 'Great Fire' came to Elmley!
London's Burning! Learning to play a simple tune on the recorder.
Investigating a crime scene, right here in Elmley school! Class 1 and 2 detectives are on the case, gathering evidence. We have our suspicions!
Learning yoga poses- we're getting used to the tree!
Investigating Materials and their Properties
Testing the absorbency of different materials. Using a pipette is quite a skill, especially when we are being so careful to make our test fair!
Remember, Remember 5th November
Guy Fawkes fire safety assembly, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture percussion lesson and firework chalk art. BOOM!
Great Fire of London
We made silhouette glass lanterns and used hot colours of glass paint to creat the burning effect.
What happened and how do we know? Finding out all about Samuel Pepys and his diary...and why on earth did he bury wine and cheese?
Lots of exploring number this term.
Class 2 - Summer Term 2
' Mini Beasts'
Class 2 - Summer Term 1
Class 2 - Spring Term 2
Class 2 - Spring Term 1
Class 2 - Autumn Term 2
'Pole to Pole'.
Class 2 - Autumn Term 1
'We are practically perfect in every way'.
Supporting your child's reading -Year 2
Times Table Support