A Warm Welcome to the Webpage for Apple Class!
We are a Key Stage One class with Year One and Year Two children.
Our Class Teacher is Mr Burke and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Shuard.
Some Important Information:
- We have weekly spelling tests which are linked to our phonics. Spelling tests are on Monday mornings, with new spellings being handed out on this day too. Please practise these on the handwriting sheet provided- try cursive! An example of how we write our letters is also seen below.
- Reading is REALLY important. Please try to read with your child as often as you can. We will check and change books as often as we can. Please see examples of suggested texts you can enjoy with your child in a link below.
- Forest school is with Mrs Davis every other Thursday -please come to school in your forest school kit on this day.
- PE is every Tuesday- please come to school in your PE kit on this day.
- Children have access to Phonics Play. If you can't find your log in details, please ask Mr Burke.
At the bottom of this page you will find some useful documents explaining how you can support your child's learning and recommended books for your child's age group. Thank you for your support. Enjoy scrolling through our topic webs and blogs!
Our Writing This Half Term is Based on:
The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
Our topic this half term is Green Guardians
Our Cursive Handwriting
Autumn Term 1 2020- Fire! Fire! Topic Web and Learning Log
The Day the 'Great Fire' came to Elmley!
Supporting your child further -Year 2